[wp-forums] To clarify

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Fri May 12 18:44:59 GMT 2006

Craig wrote:
> Podz,
> This doesn't clarify anything for me. You are a support maven, and whatever
> your arrangement is with Automattic.com is your own business, but from this
> side of things, it has every appearance that you are being compensated in
> some way for the work that you do.
>
> This is based on assumptions, of course, not fact. The facts are that you
> have a private arrangement with a commercial enterprise that is directly
> linked to WordPress. Why would anybody think that you are NOT being paid to
> do support?
>
> Not trying to be a jackass here, buddy...just trying to ensure that I fully
> understand the situation as appropriate.

The way I see it is that I was and continue to be a support person at
wordpress.org just the same as I was 6 months / a year ago. I do not
think anything has changed there.
The work I do for Automattic is not related to wordpress.org
It is related to wordpress, but not wordpress.org
So yes I am compensated for what I do elsewhere but I really do not see
that I am compensated for the .org forums. Call it whatever, call me
naive but I honestly do see a distinction between the two.

I wanted this clarifying because people will start to say "Oi, listen to
me, you are being paid to!" and it WILL happen. I do not want that to
happen.

Okay - compromise: Say _precisely_ what you think. Saying "some" is bad,
very bad. Just say "Podz is".
I'm not - see above - but if it keeps the peace......

P.