[wp-forums] It was a rant

Lara at Anubis Marketing lara at anubismarketing.com
Mon May 1 16:13:37 GMT 2006

Pardon me, but I TRIED to stop the thread in question from getting to this
point, but was told that it was going to remain open anyway.
I KNEW it was going to escalate to what it did, for a number of reasons, but
one being that I don't take shit from people. Sorry, that's me, I just don't
do it. And I'm not about to change that.

But it needs to be stated that I DID CONTACT A MOD and ask that the thread
be closed LONG before it got to the point where it did. Am I defending
myself again? You bet. Do I have the right? Yep. Fair is fair, and for him
to be allowed to look like the one who took the "high road" is completely
UNFAIR. I had half a dozen people agreeing with me, and this one comes in
just to bash how we ALL felt (only directing it just at me) and I'm not
supposed to say anything? Sorry, no dice.

However I have made this promise to myself - No longer am I going to spend
the time I do at the forums. I love helping, but I'm sick and tired of the
people who come in there and don't know how to have an intelligent
conversation or a sharing of opinions/experiences without getting nasty. I
feel like I appear to have multiple personalities in there - and it's
directly related to the way people treat each other in the forums as a
whole.

So - Do I "feel my honor has been besmirched"? No. I feel like I was being
attacked for politely stating my opinions and making a polite request, and I
feel that I was left to look like an asshole because my request to close the
thread the first time was rejected, but that it had to elevate to the point
it did and then when he asked for it to be closed, it was.

And let me just inform you all of a strange coincidence in timing - all of
the sudden, since yesterday when this got nasty, I've had over a dozen
attempts by someone trying to figure out a way into my site/email/whatever
via the contact form I had on there. The timing of the whole thing is
identical, so I'm a little BEYOND furious at this point.
+++++

Ya know?  I would've added one more line to that post...

"This is not the place to give in to the urge to defend yourself if you feel
your honor has been besmirched.  Take the high road and just let it go."