[wp-forums] RTFM? Not cool...

Lara at Anubis Marketing lara at anubismarketing.com
Mon Jul 17 19:24:20 GMT 2006

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/79820

I think moshu did a great job handling this, however I have to say that were
I to get hit with "RTFM" myself, I'd be inclined to react similarly...
I don't know where that abbr started, and I don't much care, but it's
rude... and the person who used it here, has been seen using it all over the
forums as of late. I don't know if he just discovered it or what...

Since we all know what it means, spelling it out would give reason for a
thread to be moderated, so why is the abbreviation alright? I have no
problems with saying something to the effect of, "It's right here in the
codex:" and giving the link. However to me, RTFM sounds like blatant
arrogance smacked with a taste of "safe" profanity.

Just my opinion...

~ Lara