[wp-forums] Installing for free

Christopher J. Hradil chradil at comcast.net
Thu Jul 13 21:16:29 GMT 2006

Quote:
"the opinions of those not on this list, and therefore not particularly
bothered about improving the forums are not worth consideration"

I don't know what your personal attitude problem is all about, nor do I
really give a crap. Making a statement like that however just further and
perfectly illustrates the point which I've been trying to make since my
first email to the list on this subject, which is that, sure, some of you
are a valuable resource to the community, however that's exactly the kind of
BS, which a) isn't constructive, b) creates a negative atmosphere within the
community, and c) demonstrates dramatically, the inexperience of individuals
in the area of things like marketing and delivery of a crisp and meaningful
message to the public.

the very concept of a "community" project draws it's strength from the fact
that the community can leverage the talents and collective knowledge and
experience of those willing to participate, rather than be influenced or
controlled by the often self-centered and egotistical agendas of a single or
small group of individuals.

it's clear by your statement that you don't really give a crap about the
community, nor what anyone else has or can contribute. I chose to have this
discussion via the mailing list as opposed to through the forums because I
don't believe that it's productive or needed that everyone who reads the
forums needs to be involved in this conversation.

at this writing, there are exactly 75 subscribers to the forums mailing list
(compared to something like 300 to the wp-pro list and nearly 700 to the
hackers list), so sure it's an extremely small group of folks who even care
what happens on the forums. to piss off or alienate any of the folks who
actually give a shit enough to read the mailing list is, in a word,
childish. you know as well as everyone else reading this mailing list that
valuable contributors to the forums are at a premium, so why make a
statement like that to create further tensions, and alienate potential
contributors.

I can't wait till this thread hits the various mailing list archives out
there, so I can link to it as yet another illustration of the major weakness
in any open source project -- namely, the tendency of individuals to allow
their own egos and agendas to override community productivity.

/**************************************
Christopher J. Hradil
chradil at comcast.net
http://www.hradil.us
973-809-4606

As far as I am concerned, the opinions of those not on this list, and
therefore not particularly bothered about improving the forums are not worth
consideration.
Whatever.
They know now.

P.