[wp-forums] Draft - Upgrading to 2.0.x

Ian D thewaytothecentre at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 13:04:39 GMT 2006

On 1/22/06, Podz <podz at tamba2.org.uk> wrote:
> Fire away ..

Please edit/hack/delete as appropriate. Stuff in *** needs expanding

Q.How do I turn off the WYSIWYG editor and get my quicktags back?

A. On your user profile page, and untick the box `Use the visual rich
editor when writing` (bottom left).

Q. How do I change the file upload path?

A. In your wp-config.php file, include the line
`define('UPLOADS', '/images');`
Just make sure it occurs before this line:
`require_once(ABSPATH.'wp-settings.php');`
In the example above, this will result in ***uploads to
wp-content/images? or /images? If people set to upload to a
non-existant/ non-writable folder what happens?***

A plugin alternative to enable uploading like 1.5.2 is <a
href"http://www.ilfilosofo.com/blog/old-style-upload/">Old-style-uploads</a>.

Q. Why is my comment count not increasing?

A. If your are running Spam-Karma, upgrade to version 2.1, and also
get the <a href"http://lair.fierydragon.org/2005/11/sk2-wp2compatibility/">compatability
plugin.</a>

***
For those not running SK, provide steps for editing the db_version
record in their options table (with appropriate links to phpMyAdmin
info, etc.) and run upgrade.php again:

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/53158#post-291151
***

Q. How do I stop my flash/html tags being stripped?

A. Disable the WYSIWYG editor or click the html icon and enter code in
the popup box.

***
Is posting from ecto (and the other desktop apps) eating tags? I think
that was mentioned somewhere. Is there a fix yet? - might be worth
adding if there is.
***

Q. I don't like WP2.0, how can I revert back to 1.5.2?
A. This might give the impression that people can upgrade and 'have a
look' and downgrade easily. Best left off??