[wp-forums] Outstanding Forum Problems

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Fri Jan 20 07:15:31 GMT 2006

Matt Mullenweg wrote:
> Michael B wrote:
>> I have no problem with authors who are producing useful/popular
>> plugins and
>> supporting them via the forum getting a little "juice" for the hard work.
>
> Even though he only does paid support on his site, he seems to be very
> active in helping people (for free) on the forums for threads that use
> his tag. This is far more than 98% of plugin authors do. I would not
> recommend we editorialize tags beyond simple stemming and consolidation,
> it's really not fair.

This means that when the makers of WordPress Elite (or anyone else)
decide to patronise the forums, drop their links everywhere and generate
their tags but answer some posts for free that we will support that too.
I always saw the forums as being as neutral as we could make them. It's
either a rule or it isn't - just so long as there is no middle ground.

P.