[wp-forums] Sigs on WP support posts

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Wed Feb 8 15:38:20 GMT 2006

Murray @ PlanetThoughtful wrote:

> I also think there's a disservice being done to the general support user
> base. Most people happily police their own link-clicking. If they don't,
> then every other forum site out on the net must be a wilderness and
> chaos of people spontaneously combusting after clicking on links. If
> someone clicks on a link in my sig it's probably because I've helped,
> they're interested in whoever it is that took the time to think about
> their problem, and they want to find out more. Ultimately, does this
> unofficial 'death to the sigs' policy exist because some individuals on
> the moderation team don't like sigs? Has anyone asked the *user base*
> what they think? Maybe you'd be pleasantly surprised. Maybe not.

Example:

"That's a great theme !!!!
If you want to adjust your header, check the h1 in the CSS

Bob
www.all-the-best-teen-porn.com | www.blackhatSEO.com
www.learn-to-splog.com | www.this_is_not_warez.com "

All legal.
He helps people.
And we allow those links - and that's only 2 lines.

That's why I think sigs should not be allowed.
It adds unnecssary crap to the forum and causes clutter. URL's in posts
other than "Your WordPress" should be pertinent.

And for what it's worth, I have never seen my involvement in the forums
as an "investment". I saw - and see - it as helping people who are stuck.

P.