[wp-forums] Beta forum

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 23 04:41:32 GMT 2006

[Michael B wrote>
With the imminent release of 2.1 beta just around the corner, I am wondering about the issues the forum will "suffer" in the beta forum.  I peek in occasionally, and just closed a thread that seemed to be an alpha release question.

I've seen a couple others lately, and it's inevitable there will
be more as the news spreads of beta coming out.  So my question is this.  Should we find out if the current beta forum can be locked, but kept for reference, and a new 2.1beta forum started when the release is official?

My concerns are people trying to search the forum, posting on a 2.0 beta thread about 2.1, confusing the heck out of everyone. Even with my "admin" privileges, I don't see the ability to delete or close a forum, though I can create a new one, so this would have to be something coordinated with Matt or probably mdwaffee.  Thus my desire to open discussion now, before it's too late.~~~~~~~~]

I'm not really sure how this one should be handled per se..  But, IMHO.. I'd think the current "Beta Threads" for the 2.0.. could be deleted.. wipe the Beta Forum clean of those threads..

You *could* have it renamed to 2.1 Beta or whatever.. but, I don't think that would make much sense either.. Because eventually.. the 2.1 beta... will be released as normal, and be supported just the same.. as if it were the 2.0.. right people?

2.0.6 will soon be here, and the current forums will be used for that, just as anything from 2.0.5 down was..  IMHO, same would go for the 2.1 once released.. *unless* they are planning on making support forums *only* for the 2.1 versions.. ?

Like podz said before, maybe just scrapping the Beta forums all together.. lately.. they've been knocking them from betas to releases pretty quickly.. so really there isn't much time or need for a beta forum .. ?

I guess it's an up in the air deal, either way.. =/

spencerp