[wp-forums] Building better.

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 01:08:33 GMT 2006

> "*6) Re-examine your reward/levels strategy for your community* Is there a clear way for new users to move up the ranks? Are there achievable, meaningful "levels"?"
>
>I was surprised to see that on a list like this without any
>actual/quantifiable suggestions...  I wonder if there's a way to >have "levels" that doesn't involve post counts?  (I bet I'm not >alone in hating post pharmers).

Not sure if this is along the same lines as such, but, someone has requested for a "points system" plugin for contributors who answer questions, over in the bbpress.org forums.
http://bbpress.org/forums/topic/386?replies=3

Not much attention was given to that thread yet though, but, maybe if someone makes up such a plugin, Michael Adams could implement it into the WP.org forums..?

Or, maybe it could be made up, to do various tasks, and not just for "points" per person answering questions.. I guess it's an up in the air type thing now.. but, maybe people could bounce on that thread, and give it some more love, and possibly get the "plugin makers" a boost to get it done quicker..?

I don't know, just was throwing that out.. ;) :)

spencerp