[wp-forums] Drinking coke zero

Petit petit at petitpub.com
Thu Aug 31 11:54:12 GMT 2006

febwa1976 at gmail.com wrote:
> <snipped>
>
> Perhaps instead of looking for huge leaps in improvement it would be
> better
> to look for small incremental improvements.
>
> One suggestion is that a FAQ is established at the top of the forum list
> and, as with many other forums people are clearly but firmly (and nicely)
> asked to read this before posting. The codex has several FAQ lists so
> perhaps this could be refined and summarized to be a single and
> simplified
> FAQ at the top of the forum. I do not know how good the FAQs in the codex
> are by the way although they often help me.
I agree. The stuck posts at the top of the forum are not really pushing
new visitors to read them.
I've argued before, and I stand by that, that a *ReadMeFirst* ad at the
top of the forum would be a good idea.
I should have some lightly colored background and border to make it
stand out.
It should link to short and long information pages about using the
forum, preferable attitudes, how to search and the voluntary  bases of
the forum.
Maybe this is not doable for technical reasons ?

The FAQ part would be very nice, but It would certainly require some man
power.
> <snip>
>
> Now for the 5 minute install headline comments: I think this is a worthy
> challenge and speaks to the spirit of WP and should stay. It may
> frustrate
> some people but then maybe those are the people that should be pointed
> toward a fantastico host or install4free - or maybe - and now somebody is
> going to shoot me - install4Afee.
>
> F.
Yes, I think the FMI has it's own beauty, and should stay.
Not every new self sustained blogger is accustomed to the language, but
there is a link to more elaborate installation instructions.
And, as you mention, we have the install4free as a last resort.
You shouldn't be shot for bringing that up ;)

/Petit