[wp-forums] Drinking coke zero

Moshu moshu at transycan.net
Thu Aug 31 00:09:58 GMT 2006

I don't think it is worse.
I believe because of the growing popularity of WP more and more
absolute newbies are turning to it - "users" that have never used the
computer for more than writing email and documents in Word.
For them the "easy" 5-min install "advertisement" is a huge trap!
When opening the install instructions they realize that it is full
with words ('terminology' as one of them put it in the forum) they can
barely understand. So they panic and come to forum with naive -
sometimes annoying - questions.

I am not talking about special _knowledge_ here... I am talking about
the fact that for some new users words like host, domain, ftp, html,
css, unzip, upload are absolutely UNKNOWN words and notions.

And let me add one of my old obsessions: I was asking for a long time
to draw a line where the WP support ends and other issues start (like
server setup for wannabe self-hosts, design, basic html etc). Now we
arrived to the point that we have even questions for CSS and alike
from people coming from the street - so to speak. People who don't
even use WP but asking CSS and IE vs. FF and similar questions,
_This_ will get worse and worse...

m.