[wp-forums] GoDaddy now offering 1-click install of WP!

Lara at Anubis Marketing lara at anubismarketing.com
Tue Aug 22 18:37:25 GMT 2006

I posted a thread about this: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/84414

I'm kind of excited - many of you know that I'm a GoDaddy fan and have been
for 10 years now, with little or no issues. I often am found on the "Help!
GoDaddy SUX!" type threads, explaining things and trying to help others see
it's not so bad. Now, it's even less bad. :)

>From GoDaddy:

Recently Updated: August 15, 2006 2:49 PM

WordPress is a semantic personal publishing platform (i.e., blog) with a
focus on aesthetics, Web standards, and usability. It supports multiple
users, categories, comments, bookmarklets, RSS syndication, several APIs,
and weblogs.com ping, among other features.
To Set up WordPress in Your Linux Hosting Account

1. Log in to your Account Manager.
2. Under the Hosting & Email section, select Hosting Account List.
3. Click Open next to the hosting account you want to modify.
4. Under the Content section of the Hosting Manager, click the Value
Application icon. The Application Manager displays.
5. Read the disclaimer and click Accept on the Value Application Disclaimer
page.
6. Click Install next to WordPress.
7. Enter your information in the required fields.
8. Click Install.

For further information, please visit the WordPress Web site (Which is
linked to in the article).

Just wanted to let everyone know - they finally did it! I've been asking
them for a year now to set this up! :)

~ Lara