[wp-forums] Affiliate links

Lara at Anubis Marketing lara at anubismarketing.com
Thu Apr 27 13:50:25 GMT 2006

I see no problem with removing affiliate links of any kind. Regardless of
whether or not the poster states their intention or not.
These forums are no place to try to make a buck... Be it with services or
affiliate links or otherwise.
We've cracked down on people offering their "services" - this should be
equally (if not more severely) punishable. It's the same thing as that one
guy who went around spamming posts for phones... Just because his was a
direct link shouldn't make a difference.

~ Lara

Remove and warn; adding affliate links in this way is manipulative and bad
form; if a company did it, you'd call it spam. Besides, a lot of hosts have
rules banning such acts (undisclosed whoring of affliate links in public
forums).

Phu | http://ifelse.co.uk | http://www.phuly.co.uk