[wp-forums] Doing it for free. - the people

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Wed Apr 26 19:11:31 GMT 2006

At some point the issue of who will actually be doing this arises.
Potentially it is contentious but hopefully we can agree something that
is fair.

At the last #meetup in response to someone suggesting that security of
information was a potential problem, Matt stated "we already have
concepts of trust with each other based on how long someone has been
around, how they contribute, etc " which I think is an excellent view.

The point I think we also need to come from is not who do we let join,
but what is the marker for joining? How do we do this to include people
rather than exclude people? This making sense?

I do not think it should just be moderators only, as has been said
before and I agree with there are some excellent people in the forum who
may wish to take on the extra work too.
Excellent is a fuzzy word though.

Given this is purely for the benefit of people coming to WordPress and
that we must be seen to be very competent (I imagine that when this
happens it will be scrutinised) how do we choose who can help inside
this? How many should there be?

P.