[wp-forums] Doing it for free.

Lara at Anubis Marketing lara at anubismarketing.com
Sun Apr 23 18:24:03 GMT 2006

On 4/23/06, Lara @ Anubis Marketing <lara at anubismarketing.com> wrote:

> Personally I think that a task management system would be a great idea
> - that way anyone can see what's been picked up, worked on, and
> completed when they go into an "admin" of some sort. And preferably
> something that's automated (added to the queue) once the requestor
> fills out the proper information and everything would be great.

Alex King wrote Tasks and Tasks Pro which, in the very early days, Matt and
Alex et al. used to assign work and monitor progress. It's a very good tool.
No sense writing something from scratch when this already exists.

Craig.

+++++
I'd agree with you, Craig, but I downloaded and purchased Tasks Pro - and
use it heavily. However the manual nature of this isn't what I was referring
to.
I meant that when someone decides to come to the installers for help, and
they enter all their info, get an email with a PIN# (or something), etc -
that it's automatically added to a task list queue. When someone from the
install team decides to spend an hour or so doing installs, they can go to
this list, check in, do the install, and check out of it. That way there's a
running tally of who has done what, and it also prevents people from
doubling in on an install.

Tasks/Pro can't do that. There are no time clocks, no automatic queue
listing, it's all manual to enter, edit, and remove a task. I was referring
to something much more automatic.

PS - I know it's possible, because we used to use an .ASP based one at my
last employer...

~ LadyDeLaLuna