[wp-forums] We need to be friendly.

Craig nuclearmoose at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 22:32:55 GMT 2006

Very interesting points, Roy. I have always appreciated your contributions
to WP in general, as I have with many others. I agree 100% that some basic
courtesy is more than needed, and I for one have always enjoyed it when
somebody takes a brief moment to offer a thank you for some assistance I
provided.

Many times an OP will not even return to their thread; whether that means
they have given up or have found the solution, who is to know? But expecting
help and not reciprocating in kind is just plain rude. I don't know how we
could effectively compel people to do this, given the limitations of bbPress
and the nature of support in general.

All I can offer is that people who care about the project and enjoy the
contributions that they make must take a leadership role. That means being
friendly, remaining calm and civil, and modelling desired behaviour by
offering thanks and words of encouragement and appreciation.

Maybe bbPress could have a karma button so that a person could click on it
to show appreciation for someone. I dunno, that's totally off the wall, but
regardless, the theme of this thread is an important one and speaks to the
quality of those involved in the day-to-day goings-on dans le monde de
WordPress.

Craig.
Nuclear Moose.