[wp-forums] Could a mod take a look at this thread?

Lara at Anubis Marketing lara at anubismarketing.com
Sun Apr 9 20:32:20 GMT 2006

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/67485

>> Why does this not fall under the same guise as someone posting a link
about professional services?
>Short answer: it does. It is unsolicited advertising even if it is WP
related.
That said, I think if he approached things with a less antagonistic
attitude, it wouldn't have blown up as it did.
----------
Sorry guys - I truly did think it was a joke at first. After he repeatedly
defended that, I realized maybe this loony was serious... Then I got a
little annoyed at the fact that he opened the thing (and later on, again)
bashing Matt and the WP developers, yet had the testiculars to do that on
their very site, and then try to charge people for his plugin that wouldn't
exist without WP in the first place...

I wouldn't call it a pending "flame war" as someone else (I forget who at
this moment) did - I was pretty much done at that point. However I'm glad
it's closed and no longer allowing him to keep bumping it up. Strategic
advertising, eh? LOL

Again, sorry if I made anyone else uncomfortable or anything - I just really
couldn't believe my eyes, and then of course, became compelled to say
something.

PS - Podz, I know it's just software. But I'm fairly attached to moral
behavior, and tend to defend the good guys when presented with an
opportunity to do so... Even if that means offending the bad guys. ;)