[wp-forums] Maybe will help spam

Michael B miklb.online at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 16:32:51 GMT 2006

I'm sure Kaf will clarify, but I read his post to mean that many users who
are active on this list but not mods help keep the spam down.  That somehow
they should be given a similar ability to "see" the links as well, but
perhaps nothing else different.

But the way I understand it, from testing things by logging out, that's not
really necessary, as since no one can see the link of a newly registered
user (I've got my guesses as to what it takes to get that "privilege"),
there's no incentive for people to sign up and spam.  That may take a little
while to get around, so odd links in posts can still be tagged modlook or
sent to this list as normal.

I'll add my agreement that the new profile page is much easier to follow,
and it's nice to have the previous pages working again.

~MIchael B