[wp-forums] Affiliate links

ifelse wordswithstyle at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 12:33:14 GMT 2005

> "Podz has already pruned several affiliate links today; so the precedent
for removal has been established. I've removed the links."
Thanks. The inactive user guy was a clear and outright spammer whilst in
this instance, it was more a case of poor judgement.

> "we _really_ need to establish a written policy...I'll develop an outline
on the Codex in my user space right now."
Good idea. Look forward to taking a look at it once you have a draft outline
ready.

On 9/9/05, Podz <podz at tamba2.org.uk> wrote:

> Scott Merrill wrote:
> > As we exercise moderation powers more and more, we _really_ need to
> > establish a written policy so that participants know what is and is not
> > permitted. I'll develop an outline on the Codex in my user space right
> now.
> >

> I agree - was thinking the same earlier after making that user inactive.
>
> I think that an open "Hey, click my link because I get some free stuff"
> which is openly said in a thread which is asking for rec'd hosts is
> acceptable. That said, we have a zillion such threads - we need no more
> (at least for 6/12).
>
> P.

Phu
http://ifelse.co.uk