[wp-forums] Affiliate links

ifelse wordswithstyle at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 12:19:43 GMT 2005

Guys,

I was wondering if I could get your thoughts on affiliate links in forums?
A member has made a couple of posts recommending DH but have used links with
affiliate ref's.
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/43107#post-241862
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/41575#post-246702

 Whilst he's clearly not a spammer (and has been a good member in the past),
I feel that it's bad form to place a link in a public support forum. I've
nothing against DH or affilliate links, but I feel that such links set a bad
example and should only belong in the owner's site and definitely not in a
public support forum.

Or am I just being too picky and prickly?