[wp-forums] okay. I'm NOT thrilled....

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Tue Oct 25 08:19:13 GMT 2005

I don't know what caused that specific email, but I'm with the sentiment.

Two days ago I clicked the bookmark to wordpress.com. Firefox refused to
connect me saying I had a cookie problem. I cleared them. It repeated
the message. I did all the stuff I know but I was still locked out.
So the Feedback link inside that domain was of no use. (Thinking about
it the entire domain was blocked so even forums would have been off-limits).
It's not my main domain so it was no big deal - and it worked several
hours later - but for many it is. For them it's a huge deal.

I'm hoping that now Matt is not at CNET that more time could be out into
the .com support issue ?

My concern is the current forums. Many people will check out the forums
before taking the plunge into WP, and right now they hopefully find a
helpful and decent bunch of people. But if we get more .com questions
and more "We don't do that" then we risk turning people away - so the
whole project suffers.

I do think it's going to happen though, but sooner would be better.

P.