[wp-forums] The Search function

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Fri Oct 7 15:40:01 GMT 2005

This really does need improving and my experiences over the last few
days are telling me that I just can't tell people to search.
I'm getting hackers results, links that take me to 1.0.1 solutions, and
others which are just noise. I'm trawling because I know what I want is
there because I've seen the posts - I would imagine that others just
post and I can't blame them.
May I suggest that before anything else is done to the forums that the
search function is looked at ? I know it's a complex task but if
long-term users cannot use it, newbies don't stand a chance.

P.