[wp-forums] Forum makeover

Moshu moshu at transycan.net
Tue Nov 8 17:08:36 GMT 2005

> -----Original Message-----  Podz

> Suggestions:
> - that WE make a list of what is and is not acceptable in
> each forum.

Agree. Though not easy to implement: new helpers who are not on this list tend to jump in (I know, it's just out of willingness to help!) and post a reply even _after_ you directed the confused OP to a resource that is available...
Very frustrating. Like raising a child with inconsistent parents, LOL

> - non-wp problems. Somewhere we need to draw a line.

We should. However, sometimes this one is also a grey area. Is a faulty theme, an obscure plugin wp or non-wp?

> We have two

Maybe moving to Misc (or a "Non-WP" ?) forum AND not showing them on the main page...

> Both have snappy answers, but if we move, we MUST do it
> consistently regardless.

Consistency is a keyword :)

[more later...]

m.