[wp-forums] Purpose of the list

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Thu Jun 30 16:23:03 GMT 2005

For the sake of hopefully saying this once and it being a useful post to
later direct people at, here's my thoughts about the wp-forums list.

What it is not:
- a way for people to get support. Every single support request, no
matter how simple, is to be directed to the forums.
- for people to whinge, moan and campaign for bbPress to be replaced. It
is here and it's staying here.

What it is:
- somewhere for forum supporters to get support
- somewhere to share ideas about forum development and if and when we
all decide something is worth pursuing, we can then approach whoever can
help us make it happen.
- somewhere to identify where docs are needed if we keep getting similar
posts
- somewhere to promote the integration of Codex into the forums
- somewhere to discuss common approaches to issues
- somewhere that we can help and encourage others to join in answering
posts. This is important. There are relatively few of us compared to the
traffic and some people may wish to help but feel overawed at current
helpers or be afraid their help will be dismissed in some way. We cannot
get all elite about what we do but we do need to be sure that
information given out is correct.

Like any project, I would listen more to someone who has contributed
positively to WordPress rather than someone who just sits on the
sidelines and snipes - hopefully we will not have such mails.

This list is also time-limited. Once it becomes stale, it will be axed.
There is no point having a busy forum and a quiet list.

And lastly, everyone here that has helped has an equal voice. I'm
certainly not out to give things a blessing or not. This is not about
anything but encouraging debates and involvement which improve the
support we offer to those that seek it.

Podz