[wp-forums] not sure how to title this

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Tue Jul 26 08:39:32 GMT 2005

Michael B wrote:
> I didn't think the forum was the correct place to discuss this, and
> perhaps I am once again over stepping my bounds, but I have an issue
> with this thread:
> http://wordpress.org/support/topic/40156
> I know there's been much discussion about the practice, and that's not
> what I'm talking about, what I'm talking about is the fact that the
> blanket answer was buy my product, in the support forums.
>   Is that an invitation to anyone to put up a shingle offering paid
> "support" and offering up a link in the forums?  Or am I over reacting?

I don't think you are over-reacting, and I think an email to Denis (as I
see matt has suggested) is very much in order - he can be beaten on
price every single time and I do not think it's right that anyone 'sell'
through the forums at all. If someone's sole presence is to sell - and
maybe answer a few questions - that that annoys me.

On a side note - seeing as I'm here - I've noticed a rise in people
posting in the forums purely to get google juice. There have been a
number of single posts asking for help which have always been tagged
onto existing threads (thinking we make not notice maybe ?) and on
checking the link there is no problem. Right now, if I'm in #wordpress
I'm asking for a bit of advice then deleting them. We cannot be known as
somewhere to do this.
In a similar vein, I've noticed certain posters doing this too - and I'm
sure the reason is not so much linkage for the use of people as much as
for the bots. I won't claim to know enough about bots and PR, but this
is something that's been noticed and I will edit accordingly. Thinking
about it now, what I will do in the future is break the direct link but
leave the address intact. Thoughts ?

Matt - you or me do the email ?

P.