[wp-forums] Titles/Promotions/Labels

Lorelle VanFossen lorelle at cameraontheroad.com
Fri Jul 22 14:29:27 GMT 2005

Okay, podz, as the leader of the group, wanted or unwanted, you have
made your feelings clear. You do not want titles. Kaf does not want
titles. If that is the decision and the ultimatium is that we would lose
you two, then the decision is self evident.

What started as a simple method to recognize and acknowlege volunteers
has obviously brought up some bad feelings for you two. That's fine.
Having worked with groups for years, I've never once ran into such
animosity towards calling volunteers "volunteers".  Or members or
whatever.  It honestly is NOT about giving anyone power over anyone.
Sure, changing a title or two will start people talking and debating,
but mostly because that is how it works when you introduce anything new
or changed.

As for the word "organization", earlier this year Matt announced the
incorporation of WordPress:

http://www.sfist.com/archives/2005/03/22/wordpress_incorporated.php
http://www.davidmattison.ca/wordpress/?p=1050
http://literalbarrage.org/blog/archives/2005/03/23/wordpress-incorporated/

This makes WordPress an "organization". And I'm not sure of the details
of the business set up, since I haven't found the disclosed, but I
assume it is some kind of a non-profit, volunteer foundation.

Lorelle