[wp-forums] Titles/Promotions/Labels

Kaf Oseo kaf at szub.net
Tue Jul 12 01:23:12 GMT 2005

I can provide one big word of caution about all this, and will.

I believe real titles should be given only to those with responsibility
or control of some kind over the forums, board and site administration.
I've seen (and been involved with) bulletin boards that came to regret
honorary monikers. I can go into depth on the problems that can arise if
I must, but to keep my email short I'll just say that it can breed an
environment of assumed favoritism and caste culture. Its not a situation
you can easily efface once rooted. And as the WordPress community has
done a pretty good job avoiding it till now, I recommend not taking any
  steps that might lead to it, however small and beneficial they may
seem at first sight.

I understand the impulse behind this effort and applaud it, but I needed
to warn you all that you may not like what it leads to.

-Kaf