podz at tamba2.org.uk
Mon Jul 11 08:20:00 GMT 2005
Les Bessant wrote:
> Sorry, I was away for a week <g>. (Had to go to Amsterdam for a conference,
> it's terrible the things I have to do for my job...)
I wasn't nagging :)
> I still think it's a good idea, for all the reasons previously mentioned.
So do I.
I see the following as problems:
- if we set a bar to be passed, we WILL have someone game the rules to
get this 'status' and then we end up with a problem.
- we cannot alter things too often. It's Matt who makes the changes and
I think small changes once a month might be a fair request. More often
and we become a problem.
- and of course, who decides ? I favour transparency - I always have in
all things where people are concerned. So:
- nominations are sent to a defined set of people who say yes/no
- the mavens decide alone
- we set 'rules'. But what ?? Of course in all the above there are rules
of course, it's just that if we set rules as the pass, we could be gamed
whereas with the first two, judgements are also made. These have to be
- and as for titles..
Everyone is a Volunteer.... I've just tried looking through
dictionary/thesaurus.com but nothing leaps out at me.
I suppose what we need to think about is the 'job spec' for what we are
after. So we need, and the forum users should expect, someone with this
1. Have consistently over a period of time answered posts correctly in
2. To have a sound knowledge of the Codex
3. To have a sound knowledge of how WP works (Note - this is not code,
just the overall thing - if that makes sense)
4. Is trusted by their peers
More information about the wp-forums