[wp-forums] protocol

Michael B miklb.online at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 04:32:09 GMT 2005

On 7/6/05, Lorelle VanFossen <lorelle at cameraontheroad.com> wrote:
> Can we write this up in the Support Forum Volunteer page on the Codex so
> we know what the protocol is for the future? And maybe we need to kinda
> define forum spam.  Sometimes I'm SURE and then other times, I'm not so
> sure. How do you decide what's....hmmm....appropriate?
>
> Lorelle
> This was for sure spam.  If for nothing else, every thread the poster posted in, he tried to say, "I highly recommend X plugin/theme/younameit, check it out at my site, link.
At least 20 threads one after another.
I mean the "your wordpress" was taken out of the recent discussions,
because it was deemed to be bumping legit threads (I"ve found at least
2  threads in the last week or so that were legit help threads in that
forum), so anyone doing such in threads is spam.  Whether they really
understood what they were doing or not.