[wp-forums] Finding Codex Articles and Help

lorelle at cameraontheroad.com lorelle at cameraontheroad.com
Sat Jul 2 02:35:26 GMT 2005

There is a page on the Codex that lists the most "popular", most visited
pages on the Codex.  It may help you to determine which articles are the
most in demand.  This is not a page to point a user to, it is just as a
reference for you to use to find the most commonly sought Codex articles
and issues.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Special:Popularpages

On my website I also posted the "list" of the links to Codex and
WordPress related sites that come up the most on the forum.  You are
welcome to use that list at http://www.cameraontheroad.com/?p=600 to
start to build your own resource list. There is also a list to technical
articles about WordPress and WordPress references outside of the Codex
at http://codex.wordpress.org/Technical_Articles.

As has been said before, there is nothing wrong with posting a link to
an article on the Codex that will help the person. Describe what the
article will help with, and give specific help if you can, but if the
article will "hold their hand"...let them have it. ;-)  More
importantly, with the focus on "Search First", six months or two years
from now people will search and find these links to Codex articles as
well as the help in the thread and be thrilled to have found the answer
they need. We're building a huge resource here.

We also have articles that are specifically targetted towards new
beginners, the ones that title their posts with HEEEEEELLPPPP and
ARGGGHHHH. These are now categorized under this link:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Getting_Started_with_WordPress#WordPress_for_Beginners

For those who are new to helping, you can use HTML in the forum posts
for links like the last one, tuck them into link tags like this:

<a
href="http://codex.wordpress.org/Getting_Started_with_WordPress#WordPress_for_Beginners">WordPress
For Beginners</a>

Again, if you find any topics worth of inclusion in the Codex, list them
here:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Codex:Tasks#Forum_Posts_to_Articles

Thanks,

Lorelle