[wp-forums] search

Michael B miklb.online at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 00:58:47 GMT 2005

As an aside, but regarding search, for those who use FireFox, there is a
search engine plugin for specifically searching the codex.  Works much
better than the codex's search, which I believe is tied to the forums
search.

I'd also add, that I think some acknowledgement is good, with even a cursory
amount of help, if for nothing else it may keep the thread on the front
page, it reinforces that someone cares that the user is having a problem,
and might prevent the angered bump.
Regarding the opinion that no reply is better than a less than complete one,
that may be true if an obviously seasoned users of WP is searching for a
technical answer, but for a new user, IMO, not as much.

On 12/23/05, Vicki Frei <vkaryl at allvantage.com> wrote:

> Obviously a difference in personal prefs - I will ALWAYS prefer an
> acknowledgement that I have a problem to the appearance of shunning.  I've
> nothing more to add....

~Michael Bishop

http://www.miklb.com     http://www.wpstation.com