[wp-forums] Preping Forums for 2.0 Release

Michael B miklb.online at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 00:12:35 GMT 2005

I think it's a great idea to bundle the plugin, far more usefull than some
that were bundled, IMO.  I use it on all my sites.  It's very convenient to
simply have it dump the files via email to my gmail account daily.  Sure, I
could do it otherways, but it's a great time saver.  The permissions issue,
well, that's another discussion.

On 12/19/05, Scott Merrill <skippy at skippy.net> wrote:

> Vicki Frei wrote:
> > So what was this in aid of anyway?  Why does wp NEED a backup utility
> > resident?
>
> Because a lot of people _do_ want hand-holding for backups.  An
> automated, all-in-one backup solution makes it super easy for people to
> take responsibility for their own data.  phpMyAdmin is terrifying to
> some users, and just plain awkward for others.
>
> --
> skippy at skippy.net | http://skippy.net/
>
> gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 9CFA4B35
> 506C F8BB 17AE 8A05 0B49  3544 476A 7DEC 9CFA 4B35

~Michael Bishop

http://www.miklb.com     http://www.wpstation.com