[wp-forums] Preping Forums for 2.0 Release

Michael B miklb.online at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 23:20:16 GMT 2005

So the word is making its rounds via Matt's annoucement on the hackers list
that 2.0 will be released wed or thursday
http://dougal.gunters.org/blog/2005/12/19/wordpress-20-release-imminent,
http://www.technosailor.com/wordpress-20-this-week/
So, should we put a sticky up in the forums preping people interested in
downloading to go ahead and make backups of ALL files, including databases?
And outline the changes to User Levels to Roles, and make them aware that
plugins that rely on user levels WILL break?
 Sort of cutting them off at the pass so to speak?  Might prevent a few of
those "I upgraded to 2.0 and...", "do you have a backup", "no. I didn't
realize..." threads.

Just a thought.

~Michael Bishop

http://www.miklb.com     http://www.wpstation.com