[wp-forums] FAQ's again

TechGnome tg at tannagh.com
Mon Dec 5 20:47:57 GMT 2005

Podz wrote:

>TechGnome wrote:
>

>>Hmmm.... good point.... I possibly retract my offer.... Maybe make the
>>

>>>user name a meaningful one.... like WP FAQ.... or some such crazy notion.
>>>

>>Vicki Frei wrote:
>>

>>>Not a bad idea!  One question:  are you going to register as an
>>>"authority" of some sort?  Because if not, while WE will know who you
>>>are the "run of the mill" forum accessor wouldn't - which might mean
>>>that the very people who SHOULD be reading the threads will not....
>>>

>I'd not thought of the name - and anyone can do it of course ....
>hmmm....
>

>P.

Another crazy thought: What about adding WP-FAQ as a tag, AND having a
quick link to said tag on the front page... say, somewhere around the
search box.... Just out of curiosity, what affects the "hot" tags on
that front page of ours? Think if FAQ started showing up in there, if
people would click on it? (and subsequently get a list of the FAQs?)

-tg