[wp-forums] Posts, code & codebins

Kaf Oseo kaf at szub.net
Fri Aug 26 04:10:23 GMT 2005

TechGnome wrote:
> The only thing I can think of would be more like a "nice to have" rather
> than a "must have" is proper (or as close as possible) syntax
> highlighting. I find it so much easier to read through code when it's
> been prettyfied.

Considering the limited concerns over language(s) we can expect a WP
pastebin to be used with, syntax-highlighting is not much to ask for.

Matthew Mullenweg wrote:
> Requirements so far:
>
> * Designed for posting code
> * Code should have titles and
> * Code should have tags
> * Requires wordpress.org login to use
> * Must maintain permanent archives

A place for Title/Description, most definitely.

The ability to download the code would be nice; barring that a "print
view" feature. Something that lets one access the code in raw form.

-Kaf