[wp-forums] WordPressMU and WordPress.com

Lorelle VanFossen lorelle at cameraontheroad.com
Wed Aug 24 03:33:58 GMT 2005

In the last few days with the announcement of wordpress.com, the
WordPressMU forum is starting to get a lot of traffic. Unfortunately, it
was recently pointed it out  that the link inside of the alpha version
of WordPress they are running has a link to "our" WordPress Forum, and
they are working on changing that to the MU Forum, I thought you all
should have information to help anyone coming to the WordPress Forum
looking for help for MU. The MU forum is a clone of WP Forum - it's
spooky, actually.

WordPressMU Information: http://mu.wordpress.com
WordPressMU Support Forum: http://mu.wordpress.org/forums
WordPressMU Development Blog: http://mu.wordpress.org/blog/

There is currently no documentation for MU that I'm aware of, but there
should be somewhere. Maybe someone here knows.  For the most part, other
than the installation and management of the "host" area, I believe that
much of the information for the user can be found in the Codex, though
what exactly can be changed by the user...well, maybe ask that on the MU
Support Forum.  I'm sure when it's really up and running, the docs team
will help with what they can to provide cross documentation where
appropriate.

When MU sites start popping up all over the place, we need to know when
to direct a question to the MU forum and when to answer it ourselves. If
the question is related to how to post, add an image, or tweak a theme,
directed towards the site user, then it may be WordPress Forum
territory. After all, the sites they are using are still core WordPress,
for the most part. All host/installation related stuff probably should
be directed to MU as that is out "our terroritory". I'm only guessing,
but I think we need to be prepared.

Thanks,

Lorelle