[wp-forums] Your WordPress

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Tue Aug 16 18:19:45 GMT 2005

Michael B wrote:
> I'd also add, that at one point, there was an emphasis on being quite
> critical of new users and their site.

I wasn't a fan of that approach.

> Shouldn't it be up
> to others to comment, rather than have a semi-official critique?

My posts in that forum can probably be counted on the fingers of one
hand. When I saw critical posts - and they seemed to be the majority by
far - I would go to the reviewers site and wonder just who gave them the
big pedestal from where they gave their opinions.

I've seen that "What do you think ? :)" posts, and the replies sometimes
.... very bad form. Maybe some people use it to proverbially 'kick the
cat'. But then you'll always have the reviewers with the mindset that
"it'll do you good you know".

This is why I stay away: I am not qualified in any way shape or form to
review, I have never submitted my site to be reviewed and some of the
things that actually are said in there I have a problem with. Out of
sight, out of mind.

P.