[wp-forums] vuln

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Sun Aug 14 10:26:24 GMT 2005

Scott Merrill wrote:
> Podz. you wrote most of what I was going to say!
> http://wordpress.org/support/topic/41836
>
> What do you feel should be added?

Did I ? heh .. I'm learning :)

Added ? Something written by Matt maybe ?

I said last night in #wordpress that this issue should have lit up every
WP users dashboard when it came to light. That's what the thing was put
in for wasn't it ?? I removed the whole dash as I do not use it and I
didn't like the way it filled the db with junk - right now I feel like
telling everyone to do exactly the same - there is NO point to having
that feature if all it is going to do is act as a tool for the 'good
news propaganda'.
I am extremely angry to wake - after mentioning this on my blog - to
find that I have more than 20 emails from people about this, many asking
ME to go do the .htaccess change for them because there has been nothing
official (which is another reason why the forum post).

Matt - you read his list - we are in there defending WP daily about this
right now. I think the very least is some official advice today.

P.