[wp-edu] Multisite Network for Portal with CAS and LDAP integration

Adrian Wade awade at dtcc.edu
Fri Jun 10 17:39:28 UTC 2016

We're looking into options to upgrade our student/staff portal. It's
currently built using custom php and smarty templates. We use CAS
authentication and display information (announcements, content lists,
ads, videos) based on a users assigned LDAP group(s). I was wondering if
anyone has any experiences to share implementing a student/staff portal
using wordpress multisite. I'm most interested in the authentication
using CAS and assigning roles (to segment content based on staff or
student and campus location) based on LDAP or CAS user attributes. I've
reviewed plugins (for CAS and LDAP) but many seem to have not been
updated in a while or are very new. I think we'd have a modest base of
users signed in to make content updates but large numbers or students
and staff (potentially thousands) authenticated to view the content. Do
any of you currently have a similar setup? I'd appreciate the passing
along of any experiences (good or bad), overarching structures,
workflows, plugins used, etc... Thanks in advance -