[wp-edu] shortcodes for dummies

Anna Mulé anna.mule at wagner.edu
Thu Jun 13 19:50:37 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

We are using shortcodes for a number of features on our site, and for
experienced users, they are super easy. However, for basic users, or for
people who only occasionally need to make edits, facing a page full of
[shortcode = , ""][/shortcode] is quite daunting. It's manageable to insert
a new shortcode, but trickier to edit ones that already exist, especially
if photos are involved.

Do you have any recommendations for how to make shortcodes either more
visual (on the backend) or more user-friendly? Have any of you tried
something like the Visual Composer <http://demo.wpbakery.com/vc/> with
success?

Thanks for any ideas,
Anna

--
*Anna Mulé | Director of Digital & Social Media*
Office of Communications & Marketing <http://wagner.edu/communications>

Connect with Wagner College! <http://wagner.edu/about/social>