[wp-edu] Alternatives to post indexer (WPMU-DEV) for multisite

Annette Pedersen Annettep at hum.ku.dk
Mon Aug 19 11:16:19 UTC 2013

Hi David (et all)

I've just gone through the exact same change for University of Copenhagen's Multisite install.
You're really looking for a replacement for the plugin "recent posts" - which in WPMU dev's version uses Post Indexer to run.

I've replaced Recent posts with the free plugin "Network Latest Posts" which does the job. It has a settings widget to fiddle with options:
http://en.8elite.com/network-latest-posts/

Background: I wanted to leave WPMUdevs service, as I was only using 3 plugins (the 2 above and privacy) - And I had an unfortunate incident with Privacy being updated, suddenly NOT keeping things private - and got fairly useless response from WPMUdev - and ended up simply downgrading. For something that a pricey - not good enough...

Best regards
Annette

E-learning Consultant Annette Pedersen

ITMEDIA
http://itmedia.hum.ku.dk/english/
University of Copenhagen,
Humanities department
Karen Blixens Vej 4, 16.0.36 (KUA 2)
DK-2300 København S
Tlf: (+45) 51 30 06 25
Mail: annettep at hum.ku.dk<mailto:annettep at hum.ku.dk>
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/annetteq

Teaching is not rocket science. It is, in fact, far more complex and demanding work than rocket science. (Richard F. Elmore)

[cid:80D95F57-229D-4FB8-910A-788AC1A94E6E at sc.ku.dk]