[wp-edu] WordPress Multisite and CAS

Stergatou Eleni stergatu at cti.gr
Thu Apr 25 14:21:20 UTC 2013

Hi Ken, we are in a process of making our wordpress MS  installation (wp3.5.1), CAS-ified.

We use a plugin which  needs phpCAS to work like wpCAS does.
 I'm not sure if we use the wpCAS, cause we have  'hacked' a lot into it, in order to make it:
->  use SAML VERSION 1.1,
->  fetch specific attributes and update the usermeta based on that
->  support single sign out
->  allow also other types of login (not fully tested)

Also our previous login mechanism was LDAP Authentication Plug-in  (http://wpmuldap.tuxdocs.net) so we had to keep the  wp_usermeta field names the same as LDAP Authentication Plug-in.
It is still in a development phase, with no admin page, just a config file, but if you are interested, we can upload it somewhere or send it by a private message to you.
Of course we don't suggest to use it, without heavy testing in your production installation.

Bests regards
Lena