[wp-edu] WordPress Multisite site names

Bill Dennen dennen at gmail.com
Tue May 1 19:56:17 UTC 2012

> Looking at the code, there doesn't seem to be a maximum, but there is
> minimum 4, and a bunch of other restrictions.

The database seems to have a limit on the "path" field in the wp_blogs
table: 100 characters.

varchar(100)

I was just able to create one with this as the path:

/now-is-the-time-for-all-good-men-to-come-to-the-aid-of-their-party/

and when I tried a lengthier one, it truncated it to this, which is 99 chars:

now-is-the-time-for-all-good-men-to-come-to-the-aid-of-their-party-now-is-the-time-for-all-good-men

-Bill