[wp-edu] Making media library files private

Shawn Miller shawn.miller at duke.edu
Fri Jun 1 15:16:41 UTC 2012

Not sure if this is helpful - but we've been recommending that people use Sakai for files that need to be truly private (as a stopgap measure for now anyway). At Duke, we use a homegrown group management tool called Toolkits to add course rosters to WordPress sites, so the users in a Sakai course are the same users in a WordPress site. They just end up having to login via Shib when they want to access the Sakai-restricted content.

Shawn J. Miller
Academic Technology Consultant
Center for Instructional Technology

http://cit.duke.edu/about/staff/miller/