[wp-edu] MultiSite Sitewide Query for CPTs/Taxonomies

Kyle Jones kylejones at thecorkboard.org
Wed Jan 4 16:13:40 UTC 2012

Hello everyone-

Over at UW-Madison's School of Library and Information Studies we're
investigating using WP custom post types and taxonomies to develop
ePortfolios for our students.  One of the biggest requests is the
ability for the instructors to easily access artifacts (the CPT) based
on a goals category (the custom taxonomy).

 From my searches this morning it looks as if there's not a plugin or
real easy way to query across the entire site based on a specific CPT
and taxonomy.  The much-used sitewide tags plugin seems to be the
closest, but as we're not using "normal" posts and tags this won't do.

Have you investigated anything like this at your institution?  Any
ideas or thoughts on how to push forward?

Thanks,

~Kyle M. L. Jones~

School of Library and Information Studies, UW-Madison
	-Ph.D Student
	-Distance Ed. T.A.
E-mail
	-kmjones8 at wisc.edu