[wp-edu] Group Permissions

Joseph Ugoretz joseph.ugoretz at mhc.cuny.edu
Tue Feb 14 16:14:43 UTC 2012

We had some bad results with Role Scoper.  It's been a while, so might be better now, but when we were using it back in March of 2011 we found that it was not ideal for a large multi-site install.  The roles were applied across the whole system, not just for an individual site, and when assigning roles it had to access the whole user list, so very very slow.

We have had better luck with capability manager and have been using it pretty extensively.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/capsman

Haven't tried the other two!

Joe
--
Joseph Ugoretz, PhD
Associate Dean of Teaching, Learning and Technology