[wp-edu] Base/boilerplate worpdress theme

Aram Zucker-Scharff azuckers at gmu.edu
Mon Apr 23 15:50:39 UTC 2012

Hi Bob,

My go-to theme for creating quick, effective and good looking child themes
is Thematic, a free WordPress framework that's perfect for rapid
modification. You can find it here -  http://themeshaper.com/thematic/.
I've used it for http://masonvotes.gmu.edu/ and http://nightmaremode.net/ and
others. There's a great guide to using it to make themes, available at
http://www.sitepoint.com/books/wordpress1/.

I've not yet used it (though I plan to for my next project) but the
WordPress-sphere is pretty abuzz about Reverie -
http://themefortress.com/reverie/ - a WordPress theme framework build on
ZURB's Foundation, which is a framework for rapid HTML5 responsive web
prototyping. It uses HTML5 Boilerplate, hNews microformat, and is fully
responsive, allowing you to create a theme that looks good on all devices.
If you do use it, shoot me an email to say how it goes.

-Aram Zucker-Scharff
 http://bit.ly/aram

Assistant Director for Marketing and Communications
Office of Student Media
George Mason University

703.829.0532
Fax: 703.993.2948

Have a GMU.edu email? Sign up with onMason.com <http://onmason.com> for
your own optimized website.
My profiles: [image: Facebook] <http://www.facebook.com/aramzs> [image:
LinkedIn] <http://www.linkedin.com/in/aramzuckerscharff> [image:
Delicious]<http://www.delicious.com/AramZS> [image:
Twitter] <http://twitter.com/Chronotope> [image: Google
Plus]<http://aramzs.me/gplus>
Hack Text: My Presentations from College Media Association’s #NYC12
Conference <http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/ReadWriteView/~3/tipuqECXUvE/>
Connect2Mason: Men's volleyball falls to Princeton on senior
night<http://www.connect2mason.com/george-mason-mens-volleyball-princeton>
  Get a signature like this.
<http://r1.wisestamp.com/r/landing?promo=19&dest=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wisestamp.com%2Femail-install%3Futm_source%3Dextension%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dpromo_19>
CLICK