[wp-edu] Base/boilerplate worpdress theme

Warren McCullough wazmac at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 02:07:24 UTC 2012

Hi Bob,

That is kinda one of those 'how long is a piece of string' questions! Sorta depends on you needs.

If you want 'rock solid plain vanilla' It's hard to go past the default twentyten and twentyeleven themes.

I have used twentyten for a local community group at http://kiamabug.org.au that is used successfully by complete novices for updating new articles, photos, etc.

Blogolife is another that I have used for another group here in Kiama - http://kiamatennis.org.au - which is pretty plain, has plenty of options, but does the job for those who want to add content without needing too much expertise in maintaining a site.

Another theme that might be worth a look is Suffusion. Again, a zillion options. Example at http://www.sthgrafton-h.schools.nsw.edu.au/

Hope this helps (I am sure that you will receive a stack of suggestions - everyone has a favorite!)

Warren