[wp-edu] Overwrite Default Add User Plugin

VanDrimmelen, Jeff jeffvand at unc.edu
Mon Jun 13 21:34:44 UTC 2011

At UNC-CH we use shibboleth for all our user authentication.  We wanted to make it easy for faculty/staff/students to add other users in our environment so we wrote a small plugin that does the following:

  *   Allows people to be added just by their Shibboleth ID
  *   Allows multiple people to be added at once.
  *   Disables the need to confirm before adding a user.
  *   Allows each site administrator to send a welcome email if wanted and customize that welcome email with shortcodes.

You can read more here and download the code if you want to modify it for your environment.  http://dev.web.unc.edu/2011/06/13/new-unc-user-plugin/

Cheers,

~Jeff
UNC-CH