[wp-edu] Wordpress for all!

King, Mr A a.king at macmillan-academy.org.uk
Fri Dec 9 13:45:32 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am head of ICT in a secondary school in Middlesbrough, UK. I have used WordPress for a number of years as a personal teacher blog - http://www.macmillan-academy.org.uk/staff_blogs/mr_king/

I am happy to say that since its introduction, we now have a large number of staff with their own personal Blog.

I am looking into the feasibility of getting every student who joins us their own blog. I want them to use it to showcase their work throughout their school life and for friends, family and teachers to comment on the work they produce. I think it will help to instill pride in the work they produce.

I would like to know what are the options for proceeding. We are a large school with 220+ students in each year group, so setting the blogs up student by student like we do for the teachers is not an option. I have heard something about WordPress MU, but not sure if this is related?

Ideally, we would like to export a CSV list of our students accounts from our Network from active directory, and for this in some way to be used to generate individual student blogs.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Adrian